Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I Love My Bike

I started riding my bike again last weekend. It's hard for me to get out of the rut, (my tires are low, my light needs new batteries, my bike is behind a bunch of junk in the garage, it's cold and windy, I'm lazy) but I did it. I found out that riding a bike at moderate speed for 1/2 hour burns over 300 calories while walking 4 mph (that's fast for my short legs) burns under 200. So now I'm back to 1/2 hour of riding, and hoping to push myself for further and faster.

I'm sure it inpires others to get out there when they see "people like me" out pumping the pedals. Just my little contribution to the health of our fair community!

Comments:
Thanks Jacquie, now Nates going to start up the whole I need a bike thing again! :)
 
I just realized that I've had alot of nicknames over the years. Is that a good thing? Gill Fish, Wacky Jacquie, Jacquie Jolly Rancher, J Dog, Jack Rabbit, ...

Heather, by half-a-bike, do you mean a unicycle? Cool! Get a picture of that for your blog! And make sure you dedicate your performance to me. I would be so honored! I learned how to juggle when the kids were young, but I never tackled the uni.
 
You're never too old to tackle the uni, Jac Rabbit! Maybe that's what we'll be getting you for your next birthday.
Good job on riding your bike! My bike is tied to a loop down in our carport, half rusted.
 
Yeah. You wonder, though. On of my brother's nick names was Fran Stan P. Magoo. What's up with that? I also had J. McGillicuddy. I guess people just like to play with other people's names.
 
Kristen, maybe Nate could use his weight loss winnings to start his bike fund. I think biking would be a great new family activity!
 
We are thinking about Roller Blades...wel, me and the kids are. Not Jared. Martha
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]