Friday, May 05, 2006

Hey! Guess What! We scored a 10!!!!

So, we were down at the beach tonight. We took some cheese and salami and crackers. We were talking (like we often do) about how blessed we are. We were talking (like we often do) about how thankful we are that we didn't throw everything away a few years ago when we though we had had enough of each other. We had been talking earlier about how amazing it was that even though I didn't want to move back to California in 1985, we did anyway so that Randy could go back to the job he enjoyed. And how because of that decision, and many others that worked into the equation, we now have Jared, Kristen, Kristi, Jen, Christian, Emma, Riley, Levi and Conrad to love, not to mention all of the others who's lives have become part of ours since then. We cried together (like we often do) that God has been so gracious and forgiving towards us and we have so, so, so much to be thankful for, it almost makes us feel guilty. We wondered (like we often do) how 30 years could have gone by so quickly.

I told Randy I was going to take a walk. I took about 4 steps and sat down on a big rock where I could see the little waves coming up on the rocks below. Randy came over and sat by me. As we enjoyed the setting sun, the waves, the breeze, the pelicans and sand pipers, a man driving by on the highway, pulled over and rolled down his window.

He yelled out the window, "Hey! You guys get a 10 on the romance scale!"

OK. I'll take that! God is so good!

Comments:
First of all: nice story.

Second: that guy is funny.
 
Yeah. We were wondering if we would ever pull over and make a comment like that. I doubt it. But then, maybe he was mocking us.
 
Awwww...how sweet!
 
Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]