Thursday, February 01, 2007

Grumpy Grannies!


Is it just me or are old ladies getting grouchier as the days go by? I've actually been thinking about and observing this for a while and begging my kids to put me out if "their" misery when I start acting like a complete self absorbed ass, as appears to be typical for old grannies.
(hopefully that hasn't happened yet)
So today, I'm driving home for lunch break. I'm at a big intersection waiting for the light to turn green. It does. I begin to pull out, evidently not quickly enough for Ol' Lead Foot behind me. I promise you, she had to be at least 80. You know, short, hardly could see over the steering wheel, white poofy hair, gnarly little fingers. So she honks at me this long angry honk. I look back and get amused, so as I cross the intersection, I casually wave at her, all five fingers, by the way. I just though it was kind of funny. Well, she was going so slow that it took her about a mile and a half to catch up to me, but when she did she pulled up beside me and used those bony old fingers to flip me off! Her weezin'ed up old friend was over there rolling her eyes at me. I thought that was even funnier, but I guess she didn't. She pulled up a little bit more and proceeded to come right into my lane running me off the road! She almost touched my car and she wasn't going away. I had to swerve into the next lane, but then I got mad and decided not to move. I started honking and everyone was looking at her like she was a nut. I finally let her in, then looped around her and got next to her a pretended to use my cell phone. (I though she might think I was calling the cops, like a smart alek whipper snapper would). She must have because she put on her brakes right there in the middle lane and slowed down to about 20 mph. I would have pestered her some more, but I didn't want to waste my lunch time.
But, what's up with that. Come on old grannies! Lighten up! Do we all get like that? God, I hope not!

Comments:
I have noticed that old people like to pull their huge 1980's-era Buicks and Cadillacs out in front of me when I am driving down the road. This has happened to me SEVERAL times while traveling down Victoria. Why do they do that? Even at stop lights, they just swing their huge hoopdies right out in the middle of oncoming traffic, then proceed to go 5 mph for the next couple of minutes before the message gets from their brain down to their feet to push on the gas and drive.
I feel your pain, Jac.
I found that if you do your errands at night, most old people are scared to drive that time of day and so you will have to deal with less of them on the road.
 
I'll keep you in check if you keep me in check. deal?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]