Monday, June 09, 2008

Here's a Great Quote

"When, with bold telescopes, I survey the old and newly discovered stars and planets; when, with excellent microscopes, I discern the unimitable subtililty of nature's curious workmanship; and when, in a word, by the help of anatomical knives, and the light of chemical furnaces, I study the book of nature, I find myself oftentimes reduced to exclaim with the Psalmist, 'How manifold are Thy works, O Lord! In wisdom hast Thou made them all!'"

Robert Boyle, Father of Modern Chemistry 1627-1691

I had to look up the words unimitable (unable to be imitated) and subtility (extreme acutenes, skill, craft) which made me love the quote even more.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]