Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Welcome to the world, Annie!

Leanna (Annie) Joy Alderson came into our world early this morning, October 15th. What a doll! Her brothers, mom and dad, and grandparents and other family members are so excited. She's a record breaker! She is the first female born in this Alderson line since at least 1919. I have to look at the records to find out if it goes any further back. I have to say, she looks very much like Nate did at 12 hours of age, rusty (according to Randy Jr.) and bald, but lacking the dark eyebrows!
It was fun taking the boys (Levi and Conrad) to see their new baby sister. Levi (age 4) spent some time sitting on the bed with Kristen, holding Annie. When we got in the car Levi said, "when I was holding my new baby sister, I was so comfortable!" He and Conrad are so excited! So are we!!
I'm having a big problem downloading pictures to this bloggity-blogg site. Too bad. She's really cute. But then, I'm the grandma.

Comments:
Congrats!! We can't wait to meet her!
 
How exciting! I knew it had been a while, but 1919? That's crazy! Send me the pics and I can post them if you want.
 
1919 is when Randy's dad was born and we know he was a boy. But the sands of time have erased my mother-in-law's memory. She can't recall whether her father-in-law had any sisters. Which actually makes it another generation longer, but I don't have the specific year. Probably something like 1890's. Over 100 years! Crazy!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]