Saturday, November 22, 2008

I've been duped!


So, we got a new coffee maker last night. The cool one that we got about a year ago really isn't so cool. Sure it keeps a tank of hot water ready so you can have abra-ka-dabra coffee in a hurry, but it isn't programmable and I just don't have the brain power at 5 AM to pour water into the tank all by my self. So, out with the old, in with the new, AGAIN! This is America, and when I want coffee, I get coffee!

Of course we had to decide whether to get a 10 or 12 cup capacity carafe. We decided on 10. Really , when would we ever be drinking more than 10 c ups of coffee at one time anyway. Got home, set it up, ran a few pots of water through to clean it out, started wondering how you could really get 10 cups out of that little pot, measured the amount of liquid in the pot: 64 oz! I'm not that great in math, but do know that there are 8 ounces in a cup, and 8 times 10 equals 80. So shouldn't I be able to get 80 fluid ounces into that carafe? Well, no. After a little research, I find that a "customary" cup of coffee is 5.5 ounces. Who made that up? Obviously someone who doesn't really like coffee. Maybe someone who sips from a dainty cup with their pinky out. My cups hold at least 12 ounces each, except for the one I got in Alaska which is a full 18 ounces. (You know, as big as the state of...)

So I guess that means our new coffee maker is a 3.5 cupper. I feel like such a fool.

Comments:
That is just weird. A cup is a cup...not half a cup. Duh. They are the fools. I want a coffee maker that grinds the beans. Too bad I don't have $100 bucks laying around.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]